Monday, March 5, 2012

"ADDICTIVE"

“Addictive”
BY: Tyner Twine 
  
"Translate and you shall see."

 Without an ounce of regret and pain
we parted ways in this city
Love is nothing but the winds behind our backs
and the long and winding road before us

the little sea of lies
turns into a book of promises
A melody made of fragile glass

Our hearts must have felt
The coming of winter
Because we faded with 
The silver lining

You faded ‘cause your 'tomorrow'
Is covered in gray
Stopped in time and crying for yesterday
The words that failed to reach me
In our lonely dreams
Became nothing but a river of tears

The cold loneliness
That passed us by
The days when it was just too hard to bear
The light we continued to search for and lose
Became
The blacks and grays we hold on to

The dying 'flowers'
Calls out to my conscience
Ahh.
And you became the truth I now believe in

I know the words "I love you" Will not bring you back to me
Our “Forever” is no longer here
The moments that spreads like
This fearful blizzard 
Disappears like your voice.

The last sad words from me to you
Was a tearful 'goodbye'
In this frozen time
(I want to keep dreaming)

In this cold and fateful night
Your light begins to fade
And slowly slip away.

The little truths of the white lies we’d hidden
In the sleeping of the faith we once had,
The impossible caress of wanting to forget you
Haunts us in the monochromatic shades

Here on to, I say good bye to you
And what was once was true
This will be the pledge
That I’ll keep on breaking time and time again

And so, until forever sleeps in reality
I’ll see the sadness of this love
And if the day ever comes for us to forget
All of our tears will turn into blood

The kindness which breached loving
Turned into gray
And trapped us in this time-stopped world
And if our sadness brings in the light we had never seen
Always remember,

The end from which we are standing,
…Is the birth of a sad beginning...


No comments: